Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Crisis followup..

Fog seems to be lifting.. I am sick now, but thankfully it is only a return of the dreaded stomach bug and I can handle it. Tracee has managed her test and medications well today and seems are a bit more normal, at least on the surface.

It feels like there is some sort of giant elephant in the room that we are ignoring... Not sure I can put my finger on it exactly.

What is normal these days..? Home, friends, work, church..

Home: state of total confusion..
Friends: thank God they are there.. but I miss so many folks from Branch's and it is hard to stay in touch with people.. hard to define a baseline context for many of the more distant relationships.
Work: going great, I am motivated and trying hard, our teams are succeeding and we have strong support.. good to still have a job in today's climate
Church: We want to plug in more at HRBC but that seems to be relevant only to my relationship with Philip and Bert.. Is that selfish? maybe.. but true nonetheless. Got a wonderful letter from Randy.. that is one friendship related to church that we plan on nurturing.. what a neat guy. Kids will start wed night programs next week so we will go back into the "swing"... maybe that will help.

Meals being delivered are making a huge difference, but man it is hard to just accept help.. I guess I am too proud all around.

Prayers seem to be working all around. Maybe we can be in some sort or routine by the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment