Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Assignment Encouragement

Sunday, I received a SS homework assigment: Write 3-4 sentences of encouragement in email.. using a favorite scripture verse.

God is in control of my world. I spend my days preserving the illusion that I control actions and results around me. In spite of my arrogance, my God loves me and maintains his plans to prosper me. I love the Lord.. that is what it is all about.

3 verses came immediately to mind supporting my writing:

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment