Monday, January 14, 2008

Advertising And Sales on This Blog



Advertisment for the 1913 Encyclopedia Britannica


I've had the first time in a while to just look at the news today. Most of it is slightly off putting. I wish they had some more positive news going on in the world.

I went into my storefronts sections and erased all of my commission junction storefronts. They seem to be a waste of time. I got 353 impressions but no sales. I think if this was advertising impressions, I might have made a small amount of money. Straight advertising might work better than attempting to sell things.

The other option is to find some really unique book or book related items to sell.

I still haven't made a single sale from Powells. I am still going to use it as an information source for the books I've read. People are looking at the books list, but not buying a single thing. Again, if it had been advertising, it might have worked better. Sponsorship might work better.

I also went into my Amazon storefront and found no sales. A big $0. So I am not making money on this blog. I have to go back and think about what I am going to do. I will be looking at those wicked places which give ad sponsorship. I might try something different with my reviews. Almost all of the review sites I have looked at have a picture of the book with a link embedded to Amazon. I might join the herd and do this. Most people don't seem to mind this because the picture adds to the review.

I think people will like this blog better with less advertising links. A lot of people hate advertising in blogs.

Maybe, I'll take some time and even look at places like Problogger and John Chow. Scary to think of it. I was reading Problogger a minute ago.

I still haven't gotten the book I have on hold on the business of blogging. Maybe, this is meant to be a personal hobby. I am really enjoying doing this. It has helped me improve my writing tremendously.

I was looking at some marketing blogs and found something fairly entertaining. Marketing Deviant has translated The Art of War into a business poem which is kind of interesting. It follows the same tradition of using classic military books as strategy books for business like Musashi's, The Art of War.

http://marketingdeviant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/art-of-war-poem-ebook.pdf

I've put in some little Amazon picture boxes of books. Please let me know if this works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment