Friday, February 13, 2009

Not Just Any Friday! It's the 13th!!




Why I’m blogging about scary movies is beyond me. I’m the ultimate “Scary Movie Wimp!”

But, with Friday the 13th, the classic horror movie remake opening on, well... Friday the 13th, thought I’d try my best to find out why y’all love to be scared outta your socks!

Now, keep in mind, “F-13” is rated R, so I’m not giving any recommendations here. Just trying to figure out the attraction.

So, how about suggesting some titles that I might have a chance of watching and enjoying (without my head being under the pillow, fingers stuffed in ears to muffle the shrieks!).

Here are some suggestions I found on the Internet that don’t have such an “ICK” factor.

"Amityville Horror"
"The Birds" (Hitchcock)
"Psycho" (Hitchcock)
Any of the old Universal Studios horror flicks, like Dracula, Frankenstein, I Was A Teenage Werewolf (Michael Landon - before Little House on the Prairie!), Creature from the Black Lagoon..
"Bram Stoker's Dracula"
"The Others" with Nicole Kidman (One of my favs)
"The Sixth Sense" (Love this one!)
"The Wicker Man"
“The Shining” “Fire Starter” (King is always good for a scare!)
“The Fly” (Jeff Goldblum)

And, one that still scares me to this day! “The Incredible Shrinking Man.” Now, it may sound silly, but when I saw this as a kid, I had nightmares for months that I was going to shrink into nothingness!

Thoughts? Too tame? Let’s hear from you! Bwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

For more ideas: Hollywood Teen Movies, all genres

No comments:

Post a Comment