Monday, December 21, 2009

Daily Thoughts 12/21/2009

Lord Byron. Digital ID: 483280. New York Public Library
Lord Byron, Finden, Edward Francis, 1791-1857 -- Engraver, 1838

Daily Thoughts 12/21/2009

I am glad that Publishers Weekly opened their website so it is no longer a subscription website. It makes my job much easier. They have a very nice list of the Top Books of 2009 up right now. They also list religious reviews which should be useful as well as comics bestsellers. http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6704595.html

Fast Company Best Business Books of 2009. I like the slideshow format. I am definitely going to read Viral loop : from Facebook to Twitter, how today's smartest businesses grow themselves / Adam L. Penenberg. http://www.fastcompany.com/pics/best-business-books-2009?partner=homepage_newsletter

I feel like reading something a little silly like Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Jane Austen and Ben H. Winters. It looks entertaining. Read Street blog has a book review of Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford where Jane Austen is a vampire. http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/books/blog/2009/12/a_jane_austen_spinoff_that_doe.html

I have four books which I plan on reading on my desk, Grandville A Detective Inspector Lebrock of Scotland Yard Scientific Romance Thriller by Bryan Talbot. It is a beautifully illustrated graphic novel. I also have Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters as well as Thinking With Type A Critical Guide for Designers, Writers, Editors, & Students by Ellen Lupton and Think Again Why Good Leaders Make Bad Decisions and How To Keep It From Happening to You by Sidney Finkelstein, Jo Whitehead, and Andrew Campbell.

No comments:

Post a Comment