Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Go with your gut

How do I know what to do? I am put into hundreds of decision situations every day. For most there is a rational, reasonable approach. When it comes to seeking a prize, running a race, racing to win... The discipline and hard work are important, but in the end it always come down to "heart". I succeed by knowing the rules so that I can understand when they don't apply. This is dangerous ground, I know.. but it is my reality. I lead my family based on rational, reasonable approaches but more often than not, there is no clear decision based on reason or numbers.. I have to go with my gut.
My faith that God is in control and not me is all that gets me through. I know it is clichéd but I really don't know how non-believers get through their days without going insane. I don't trust myself that much.

Maybe my gut, is inspiration.. The trick then is to be sure of the source.. is it God or Satan.. both answers are possible.. Again I go with my gut... and

Proverbs 3:5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over. But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.(The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment