Sunday, May 21, 2006

Organized to succeed

Wow, it has been almost 2 months since my last post.. While I would like to say that I have been too busy... The real reason is that I wasn't inspired to write much. I, just like the rest of the world was focused on "other" priorities. I find that I can usually accomplish exactly what I set out to accomplish. The past few months, I was accomplishing things other than writing...

Past few weeks have brought a lot of change to my daily activities. The need for structure in my work has been paramount as pressured increase and the sheer number of people depending on me has increased. The cycle that I was using for communications and governance wasn't working... I talked with a friend this past week, made changes accomodating his suggestions and now things feel like they are under control. Quite simply, I adjusted my control mechanisms to handle a different level of delegation and allow for more flexibility within my new structure. I reorganized for success. I will see how this model works in the coming weeks, and if it doesn't work, I'll try something else.

Tracee and I are about to launch the Da Capo Institute for real with classes starting in the Fall.. We are organizing for success today..

Success means we achieve the goal that we set out for... not what others think...

I believe that we are prepared to seek the prize of success with Da Capo.. I believe that we are joining God in his plan and not just pursuing ours. I believe that we are wonderfully and uniquely made in God's image, and that we understand what our role is for our community for the next few years.

I pray that I will be able to organize for success and partner with the wonderful people that God has blessed us with in our lives. I pray that my ego will not close off my mind to their vision and innovation. I pray for God's hand in our communications, that he will direct our words, and writing as we seek this new path for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment