Friday, July 20, 2007

Retreat


And they are off. Tracee and I leave for Lasker today to spend the weekend with colleagues, friends and the fine people of Lasker NC. This weekend is the beginning of my return journey to the "serious professional singer" world as I'll present the Liszt Petrarch Sonnets as well as my beloved Poulenc set on the recital on Sunday.

This year for the first time Tracee is joining me on the concert stage and will present part of Schumann's Frauenliebe und Leben.

Excited, nervous, content are just some of the feelings running through my mind.
We are leaving the kids for the entire weekend with family. That alone is stressful.

Man, I love the intensity and buildup just prior to a performance. The last few moments are "lenteur immemoriale"

No comments:

Post a Comment