Monday, July 23, 2007

Return to reality

The experience at the Lasker Summer Music Festival was very special for Tracee and I both this weekend. Making music, being among some "adopted" family in Lasker and getting some solid quality time with Pastor Ricky.

My return to reality today was a shock to my system. The meetings, the quarrels, the stress, and the myriad of "balls in the air" made me long for the simplicity of preparing a concert for performance, and going for ice cream at Agnes' house.

I guess all retreats are like this. My parallel worlds seem to raise the intensity to a higher level and the shock exacts its toll on my faster than I would expect.

I pray Lord specifically for strength to persevere. I don't pretend that my choices make my life any easier than those around me. I choose to do so much and carry so much load. I choose the paths set before me.

Someday, I hope to return to simplicity of making music, but until I can find a financial model that will allow me to contribute without compromising my families' needs, I guess I am stuck or blessed. The choice here depends on my perspective of the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment