Saturday, May 23, 2009

Re-Inventing the Wheel

So here I am folks, rapping up the week of teen-inventors. I’ve been running circles around my PC, driving myself crazy trying to come up with reasonable and fun blog. Why am I not writing about a group of teens in Utah who invented a new automotive air conditioning system, using Peltier chips? I don’t like to write about something that’s already covered on the Internet just for the sake of having something to write about.

I must warn you though. DON’T take everything I write serious!



My son (nineteen) is an inventor; just look what he built at age eleven. It took me a few minutes to find it in the garage which is full of his inventions. He is very good with his hands ya’ know.

I wish he could fix our car though. I got a phone call from the dealership this morning. They are saying the repair will be costly due to a missing throttle actuator and control module. The car was garage kept. I have no clue how these parts could have ended up missing. I think they are trying to rip me off.

Back to my son. Currently he is working on something very nifty and he said this device will take care of a lot of problems and might even fix the car once and for all. When I tried to peek at it to take pictures for the blog he got very mad and slammed the door in my face. “It’s a surprise.” He yelled through the closed door.

What I did see though was a circuit board taped to five, ten inch, pink looking sticks that had “CAUTION” printed on them. Some wires leading to a battery pack.
I’m very proud of my son and I understand his explosive temper when I tried to get some pictures. I mean somebody could be trying to copy his invention if I had uploaded pictures here, right?
Did I mention his new invention is remote controlled?

I made up the part with his current invention and the broken car. Hope you got a good laugh out of it. Did you catch it?


Martin’s Blog
Martin on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment