Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sketching

This past Monday I thought I would try James Parker's challenge in Watercolour!  Ha!  What a disaster.  I find that about one in five of my watercolours I'm happy with, yet I keep on trying.

So, after tearing that one up, I thought I would try it in pencil.  Only having watercolour paper with me, this is the rather 'bumpy' result.

Redheads




Now I don't usually use graphite to sketch with, but this one was also done with pencil in about 10 minutes.  I had decided I'd finished the oil portrait, and did this whilst waiting.






Lauren

                 





And then finally, my favourite sketching medium, charcoal.  One of the ladies brought in this skull one Friday and it was quite a challenge to sketch.  It used to be her horse until it died.





No comments:

Post a Comment