Sunday, November 16, 2008

Good Morning, Evening Thoughts

, Claude Monet Reading A Newspaper, by Pierre August Renoir, 1872

Good morning. I finished reading Iron Man Demon In A Bottle last night. It consisted of a compilation of issues #120-128. Iron Man #128 was the best. It was the story of how Iron Man overcame his addiction to drinking. I find it a little inspiring. The rest of the book was not as good. There was also the Iron Man origin story set in Vietnam in Issue #122 which was interesting to read. The rest of the book was not as good as these two parts. It was enjoyable but not fantastic.

I also started reading Organizing for Dummies by Eileen Roth with Elizabeth Miles. The book starts with some goal setting. I am supposed to write down what I want to do with my organizational skills. My mission is to change the appearance of my house and work so I sppear clean and organized. My initial goals are to have a clean, organized desk at work, and have clean bookshelves at home.

This morning, I cleaned my bookshelves a bit and put away some of my graphic novels into storage boxes. I also spent some time cleaning off the top of my dresser. On Monday, I intend to spend a half hour first cleaning out my files, then a half hour cleaning off the top of my desk. There is a section in the book on how to organize a desk which I think will be useful.

I bought some magnetic page clips a few days ago. They are better than bookmarks because you can clip together several pages without damaging the books. The ones I have are small in the shape of ladybugs. They are available at http://www.remarks.net/ on the front page.

I just closed my facebook account. It was taking too much time with very few results, plus they planned on charging $2.99 per month. This was more than a phone call. I don't think facebook is worth more than a package of peanuts $1. So, I am ending that experience. It was very easy to deactivate.

Evening Thoughts

Paco Ignacio Taibo II, a famed novelist has died. I really loved his mysteries featuring Hector Belascaron Shayne. They are some of the most original mystery novels I have ever read. They are set in Mexico. Most people won't recognize this novelist, but I certainly do. I have looked forward to all the novels he has ever written. http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=320301&CategoryId=14091

No comments:

Post a Comment