Sunday, November 2, 2008

If? but?

I have a lot of ideas running around in my head tonight.

We are on the verge of a very important week for our country. I am still young and idyllic "in my mind", I want to believe in the change that so many have embraced. I am however, stuck in a place where I don't trust institutions for much of anything. I don't trust churches and governments to do much of anything well. I am in a cynical place tonight.

I trust in my competitive drive. I trust in my intentions. I know my methods work and deliver results. Above all, I trust in God and his plans to prosper me and my family if...

There is always an if or but in these sorts of thoughts. I long ago gave over my music, indeed my entire life, to God. I have never regretted that decision. The institutions of my world have failed me "early and often." My faith and belief in love, and my humility before my heavenly Father has sustained me through it all.

Mom and Dad were in Richmond this weekend to visit and we discussed moments of my life that I self reported as "defining". Wow, the exercise I began months ago for myself is still evolving.

No comments:

Post a Comment