Friday, August 1, 2008

Obama-Anity "The One"



Well,  when I talked about the media frenzy around Barack Obama last week, I didn't actually think the Republicans could do anything about it.  Guess I was wrong, and I hope this plays out well. I'm not sure how it will go, but it is certainly entertaining.

In the era of American Idol, popularity rules as we have seen proven out so many times in recent years.  I still think Bo Bice should have won hands down a few years ago. Fantasia had been so wonderful the year before, only to see artistic soul and innovation dashed on the ground in front of beauty, sex appeal and a good voice.  Sorry, that was a tangent. Oops, I did it again. 

There is something familiar about the compelling rhetoric and vision that Mr. Obama presented. The style, the elegant presentation and the smile are just a little too perfect.  I know this is judging, but I hope others will listen to that inner voice telling them, that this is just too good to be true.  I listened, and decided. It is!  

I can't prove this. I could be wrong. Obama can't even defend himself against my "gut feeling". The showmanship vote definitely goes to Obama.  I am a little conflicted, but only a little.  It isn't particularly rational nor objectively grounded to reject such promises. However, I have to go with my instincts and say that we don't need an American Idol in these trying times. We need a proven leader who is willing to make and learn from mistakes.  Side by side, I vote for the senior senator, war hero, prisoner of war, maverick every time over the polished presentation master.  Kind of like Top Gun.. Maverick versus Ice Man and that awesome Colonel who just wanted to teach them both.... Yet another tangent. Oops, I did it again.

Come on Senator McCain. How about a flyover, right beside the tower... just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment