Saturday, January 17, 2009

My Romeo and Juliet moment

I've always wondered if dreams have something to do with faith. That it's the reason why we dream what we do. Ever since I can remember my mum has told me that if I dream a bad dream about someone I should never tell that person about it, because it may come true. The first time she told me that I was so scared of going to bed every night, wishing so badly not to dream of someone around me getting hurt. But then I realized that that wasn't really going to be an issue.

Usually, I never remember my dreams (means I must sleep quite well, according to sis). However, the one I had Tuesday night can't get out of my system, so I've decided just to tell it. I mean, it must had meant something if I remembered it...until today! Everything was somehow so real and the main scenes (especially the one in the end I remember very clearly :D)...Anyhow, this is how it goes:

Christina (my English teacher) had told us to set up the play Romeo and Juliet, thereafter perform it for the entire school on some event before holidays. I get to be Julia (LOL...I know, right?!) and Mr. Cute somehow gets all the votes for playing Romeo. all the sudden we're backstage. it's suppose to be at our school's assembly hall, but this stage is magnificant and there are seats forming a big C all around it. Soon, every seat is taken and everyone is ready to watch IB1C performing their version of the devine Romeo and Juliet. I'm behind the curtains getting ready. Tarane is doing my makeup (working that eyeliner on me :P), Shill (?) fixes my hair and Lewar telling me that I should remember my lines by now. The thing is - I haven't practised...at all. all the sudden mini-Maria, Sabina and Ric Sims (!!!) are in the picture, telling me I'll do great. Then, I'm out. I do absolutely nothing right, but the audience is very satisfied. And then there's the ending. The ending when I'm not really dead, but Romeo thinks I am. That's the best part, because the kiss before we both die is soooooo great. After the play, that was a total success, I'm given Aladdin (assorted chocolates) from Minna (!) in my class, before ending up in the arms of Mr. Cute again...

Crap, that's when we die again! Or he dies, or I don't know. We can't be together. It just wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment