Sunday, March 14, 2010

I May Be Crazy.....

I may be crazy but I had to try this! It's called Zip-Lining. Some young men took me to a high point of this island near Honduras, where we climbed onto a platform. Then after trussing me up like a Thanksgiving turkey and placing a helmet on my head, they clipped my harness to some cables and sent me flying over the treetops. It was scary but exhilerating. Not only did I zip from one post to the next, where they pulled me onto another platform, but I then was unclipped and reclipped to another set of cables and sent off again. I zipped from each post to the next making my way zig-zagging down the hill. Probably 8 zips in all. It took almost an hour as the posts were about 900 ft apart. I never asked how fast I went or how high up I was - some questions are best unanswered. It was sooooo cooool. I felt like Batman, James Bond, and Indiana Jones all rolled into one super hero. I think Margo Brown will do this in my next mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment