Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Palette Knife Bluebird

I was totally bowled over by the response to my American Robin and all your comments have inspired me to try my hand at some more birds!  I'm just a bit scared that I won't live up to the Robin and be a total disappointment.

So, instead of posting a brush painting of a bird, I did it with a palette knife. 

First time working an entire painting with a palette knife.  Our Friday group decided it was palette knife day and we were shown the nitty gritty by artist Heather Selby who paints with us.  I must say that I did enjoy it, but I think I'm really a brush painter.  It's kind of nice finding out where your interests lie by constantly trying new things!

So, this is my Eastern Bluebird, also from the USA and from James Parker's Windows to the Word blog.


(This is taking a heck of a long time to dry!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment