Friday, May 27, 2011

Daily Thoughts 5/27/2011 (Book Expo America, Bottled Lightning)


Almeida Júnior, Saudade, Nostalgia, 1899

Daily Thoughts 5/27/2011

On the train to work, I have been reading a little more of Bottled Lightning.  The author is describing the history of battery technology.

This morning, I updated the Twitter account and checked the displays to make sure they were in order.  My box of books and audiobooks came in this afternoon from Book Expo America which is always nice.  I also wrote an update on our interlibrary loan and holds procedure.

I read a bit more of Bottled Lightning on the way home.  I like how there is a progression with lithium batteries from cell phones and electronics to cars.  It makes sense that the batteries would be first developed in smaller devices then move to larger devices.


Web Bits

At BEA Librarians Describe Future and Challenges of Ebooks
http://www.libraryjournal.com/lj/home/890777-264/at_bea_librarians_describe_challenges.html.csp

Ebusiness Is the Buzz at Book Fair
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/26/books/bookexpo-america-underlines-industry-shifts.html?_r=1&ref=technology

No comments:

Post a Comment