Thursday, July 2, 2009

Lucky us


Just saw that Akon's concert at Sunway Lagoon tonight is postponed to October 24! I ran to my sis to deliver the news just now.

Me: How lucky aren't we that we didn't buy tickets!
Sis: Lucky? I wasn't planning to go, it's only you who thinks those kinds of thoughts.
Me: Huh? What do you mean...


Maybe my illusion of standing in my new purple/red bikini top, swaying my hips to "Hey baby drop it down I just want to see you touch the ground..." while watching the sun go down is only my illusion after all...Many people don't like live music, they say it's bad quality and that there is no pleasure at all only trouble with the queue to get in and the queue to get out. One of those people is my mum who decades ago decided to join my dad to a Prince concert. (Obviously he was pretty famous with his stupid Purple Rain back at that time...and my dad embarrassingly adored him...-.-). Anyhow, after that she never went to a concert again. Which I by the way understands, since we're speaking of a Prince concert...

However, it's such a shame that she had that bad experience and decided to stay away from live music thereafter. After my first concert, Rihanna at Hovet in Stockholm, there was no turning back with my love for it, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment