Friday, May 13, 2011

Daily Thoughts 5/13/2011 (Westchester Library Association, Seth Godin)

 American entrepreneur, author, and speaker, Seth Godin, from Wikimedia, Creative Commons Attribution 2.0, taken by Joi Ito


Daily Thoughts 5/13/2011


I was at the Westchester Library Association conference today.  I went to two sessions, one on book clubs and one on helping people find jobs.   They both gave me a few ideas.  I think I may set up the next graphic novels club to include a specific graphic novel to read next time for the club.  There are also some new resources to add for finding jobs in Westchester county.

The keynote speaker was Seth Godin.  We got a free copy of Poke The Box by Seth Godin.  After he spoke, I got my copy signed by him.  I like Seth Godin's work.  This book is about how to deliver and take initiative with your work or job.

Afterwards I stayed for the Washington Irving Awards which were awards for authors from Westchester County. I will write more about this as I look over my notes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment