Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Daily Thoughts 5/3/2011 (Book Expo America)

Portrait of Alexander Benua by Lev Bakst. 1898 year

Daily Thoughts 5/3/2011

Today has been another quiet day.  I checked the Twitter account put up a new banner for the gardening book display made in Microsoft Publisher, and checked the displays.  We are starting to process the Distribution to Underserved Communities art books today as well.

I read Publishers Weekly and Library Journal this morning, two books that caught my attention were The Believing Brain by Michael Shermer and Fatal Invention: How Science Politics and Big Business Recreate Race in the Twenty First Century by Dorothy Robert.

There was also some material on the Book Expo America conference.  There are two panels which look quite interesting,  the 3rd Annual Librarian Shout 'n Share @ Book Expo, Wednesday, May 25, 2011, 3:30 – 5 pm Javits Center Room 1E16, and The Hot Fall Graphic Novels Panel on May 25 at 11 a.m. in room 1E16, http://ww.graphicnovelreporter.com/blog/bea-panel-hot-fall-graphic-novels-libraries

I also have been looking at the some of the exhibitors to see which books which caught my eye.  There are quite a few of them.  One which surprised was The Bridge to Neverland a Disney Children's book by Ridley Pearson and Dave Barry. 

I put the book Fuzzy Nation by John Scalzi on hold.  The author is on the cover of Library Journal.  I also checked out A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce.

I tried to read Spade and Archer by Joe Gores and found myself losing interest. I had to put it down after the first fifty pages.  I usually limit myself to that if I don't want to continue reading a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment