Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daily Thoughts 5/4/2011 (the crippled god)

The Yongzheng-Emperor while reading a book.National Palace Museum Taibei, 18th Century Artist, Artist Unknown

Daily Thoughts 5/4/2011

I put some of the art books from the Distribution to Underserved Communities in the display cases in the rotunda.  I particularly like The Portraits speak: Chuck Close in conversation with 27 of his subjects and Street Art Street Life from the 1950s to Now put together by the Bronx Museum.

This morning, I also updated the Twitter account and checked the displays.  I am still going over the Publishers Weekly issue on Book Expo America which lists all the different booths and companies on the floor.  I like to write a list of which vendors I am going to visit. 

The book, The Crippled God by Steven Erikson has come in for me to read today. At the beginning of many of the chapters, Steven Erikson writes a bit of poetry to go with the chapters.  It is fantasy.

I put the book In The Plex How Google Thinks, Works, and Shapes Our Lives by Steven Levy on reserve.

Web Bits

Know The Past, Find The Future New York PUblic Library at 100 is
going to be given away at New York Library branches starting May 19, 2011

http://exhibitions.nypl.org/100/digital_fun/read_the_book?utm_source=eNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NYPLNews201105&utm_campaign=NYPLNews

No comments:

Post a Comment