Friday, March 6, 2009

Reread ;)

I'm sitting here in school reading this book Shanghai Baby (second time) for a Swedish litterature presentation in 10 days or so, and there is a line where it says that "an author buries the past in words" and it just struck me. I've never saw it that way, but I find it very true - for a good author, I mean. The thing, that they save all of their emotions for this book, where they just let everything out and then let everything go. They just leave it and move on to another masterpiece after they expressed themselves in the first. I find that very powerful. Maybe, that's because I am one of those "ennoying little things that can't give herself a break when something unexpected comes up". -.-

Anyhow, I've read this book before but I did not pay attention to this particular line back then. So, my advice to everyone out there is to reread books you've already read because you might have missed something that actually can have a big influence on your own life. Last year, one of my teacher (Ric Sims) said that "books you can read over and over again, because you change with time and therefore the book changes with you". I have to say, that I kind of get that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment