Friday, June 19, 2009

Not a very pleasant flight -.-

Back sooner than expected I must say, and with me I have a lot of luggage to unpack if you can call it that. Not even a week has past since my arrival and I've already been shocked by the heat (32°C at my arrival on Monday morning), hunted by a grasshopper and then been put in quarantine! Yes, it's true.

As late as on Friday morning (yesterday), some doctors arrived to grandpa's house with masks and inquiry forms about the symptoms for H1N1. Obviously, a person coming from NY (MAS that we fly with comes from there, before continuing through SWE to Malaysia) was infected and now isolated at a hospital here in Malaysia.

My first though after overhearing the "early morning" call my mother reluctantly took, I instantly knew what it was about and the first thing I said when she came back to the room was. I DON'T WANT TO DIE!

Even though the risk for being tested positive is minimal at this point (since so many days have passed and none of us have shown any symptoms) the over sensitive part of me is taking over. All I keep thinking is I'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE! But even though we haven't got any symptoms, we have to take our temperature twice a day until Monday and then a nurse will call and check it. Goodness, I can't believe that this is happening to me nor my family, but I guess that's what everyone else on that flight, and other infected flights are thinking too. However, the most hilarious thing is that if we really would be H1N1 positive, God knows how many infected there must have been on the Pasar Malam (market) we went to on Wednesday! Hahaha...OK, better not joke about these kind of stuff.

However, I just have to say how funny it is that I'm actually in quarantine when my mum has never even grounded me before!

No comments:

Post a Comment