Saturday, June 27, 2009

OMG, this book is good!

I love it when a book carries you away to a different time, a different life but in the end only affect you and your own life. Unfortunately books like that don't come along very often, but when they do, they leave you so touched that you don't even want all books to be as good as the one you just finished, because that would only spoil the pleasure of reading such books. A book I just finished reading, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, is one of those unusual amazing books that not only brought me to tears (several times!) and made my whole body shill with compassion, but it also made my heart ache by the cruelty and unfairness there is in the world.

I decided to read it in Swedish even though the English version usually tends to be better. However, I was stunned by how well the story was told. The story of the two superwomen Laila and Mariam. This is a must read book and I really mean it! I finished it (432 pages) in two days, so that must be something, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment