Monday, July 26, 2010

Life Drawing

A big thank you to all who gave me advice on my last painting.  I rather like it now - just need to take a decent photo.

For something completely different, during the school holidays, which coincided with the FIFA World Cup, we had our annual Winter Life Drawing.  Although there are other venues that arrange life drawing, they always seem to be on the 'wrong' day or on the other side of the mountain.  So I commit myself to going to these Winter ones every year.

Here are a few of the sketches I did.  I struggled a bit - just couldn't seem to get into my stride, so I guess I need to practice, practice, practice!

Khadija was superb.  I used some watercolour on this and quite liked the effect.











Alan has the most amazing physique which was a struggle to draw at first.  So different to the soft curves of the female form.








Alan again, this time using far more watercolour.  Not quite what I wanted.










And Khadija in a longer pose.


Lizzie who had some amazing tattoos!



No comments:

Post a Comment