Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yum...

Candy through the ages...hmm. I know that I've lived in two different decades, centuries, and millennia, but really, the only thing coming to mind right now about candy through the ages is that I remember a time when there were just regular Reece's cups, and Reece's buddies Dark Chocolate, Inside Out, Big Cup, and Pieces hadn't been announced to the public yet.

Oh, one other candy that I do remember from my days as a kindergardener is the candy necklace. You know, the one with the sugary beads that you gnaw on until one breaks off in your mouth and coats your tongue and by the time you're done with half of the beads, the necklace itself is so slobbery and fuzz-covered that your mom makes you throw it away?

Well, I haven't seen many of those around lately. But I figure that it's probably not the candy that's aged out of style, it's me that's aged out of the urge to tug on my mom's arm and beg for a candy necklace while she's consumed with comparing pasta sauces.

Not that the thought doesn't cross my mind once in a while...

Kieryn
www.kierynnicolas.com
www.kierynnicolas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment