Monday, November 8, 2010

Back in from the Cold

Cold it was, but I had the most marvellous time meeting my two new grandchildren and catching up with the oldest one.  And it was just wonderful seeing the whole family again.

But confession time.  I haven't done any painting!  Started one or two before I went to Sweden, and have done next to nothing since I got back last Monday night.  I think I'm having an 'art-down-time' !

But what I did do was go to the National Gallery in Stockholm and these are a few of the gems that I was lucky enough to see.

Claude Monet - From the Mouth of the Schelde
Paul Cezanne - Landscape

Camille Pissarro - Landscape from Pontoise 1874

Eduoard Manet - Young Boy Peeling Banana
and a little gem almost hidden away -
Vincent van Gogh - Acacia in Flowers


No comments:

Post a Comment