Monday, May 2, 2011

Phoenix Eagle, Hope & Change, Future?


I revel in the demise of Bin Laden. As I watched President Obama, then the news reports late into the evening, and finally Secy of State Hilary Clinton speak this am, I was conflicted in my pride. America has delivered a blow. The emotion is exhilarating. I do not feel guilt at the actions of those valiant soldiers who finally succeeded on my behalf. I am not gloating in the downfall of an enemy. Rather I rise from the ashes of my previous state. I feel a sense of hope and change for the future. Closure to a heart rending event has somehow been achieved by watching and learning.

It is true that the violence and death will continue in this world and that we hold no moral high ground ultimately. Today, however.. It is good to shout. USA, USA, USA... and fly the flag high! Terrorism will continue, but today we celebrate a victory and remember that there are consequences to actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment