Monday, December 22, 2008

the yearly "julrush"


It seems like the the time just goes quicker and quicker now before Christmas. Yesterday, I followed my dear mother to town to buy the last Christmas gifts...and it added up to quite a lot :P One of the reasons why I love shopping with mum! =)

There is something special about shopping just before Christmas. Some people hate the "julrusch" as we call it here, but I simply love it. People everywhere on the streets, laugher, smells from bakeries. I just find it so joyful in dull Sweden. I mean it's like the days before Christmas, are the days when people actually go outside, and I like that. Haha, it sounds like I am the person that would die if I won't go out and see people every day. - The thing is that I am not. I love being at home, but I also love going out. I can stay inside for a week (okay, maybe 4 days :P) and still feel like I love my home. But in the same time, I love to go out shopping, dining and meet my friends.

However, I think I'm more of the "stay at home Sandra" in Sweden and "want to go everywhere Sandra" in Malaysia. I think it really has to do with the people and the culture they are brought up in. In Malaysia, there is really no time of the day when there is completely death somewhere; whereas in Sweden - it wouldn't be normal if that would happen. What I 'm trying to say is that, I love both calmness and everything that the word hectic brings. And right now I am totally in for the "julrush"

No comments:

Post a Comment