Thursday, April 9, 2009

Hot pink

I’ve decided to put the record straight. People constantly ask me “Do you wear something pink every day?”, and I look at myself and realize that I actually do wear something pink every day. It is definitely not something I plan on daily basis. However, I won’t try to defend my favourite color. I mean after all it is my favourite color!

Every morning when I get up I make my choice of outfit (which is a really tough job sometimes! At several occasions I just want to be six years old again and have mum pick out white tights, a green dress with apples on it and matching socks…) and unconsciously I always manage to grab something pink. It’s like there is some kind of magic attraction that the color pink has on me, I suppose. Even some days when my friends are like “Hey, look at you. No pink today!”, and I look at myself and go like “Yeah!”. Awesome, I think until I do a double bubble check and realize that either my socks, my panties or some hair accessory is in pink…But on the other hand, I also feel relief. Because, I have come to understand that I’m a Pink Lady and that, that is who I am.

Pink things make me happy and it shows my personality. In addition, it has helped me a lot with the one question that I’ve never really been able to answer “What is your style?”. Now I can just say “Wear something with a pink touch to it, and you are ready to go!”


I'm ready to light up dull Sweden in my new hot pink trenchcoat from VILA

No comments:

Post a Comment