Sunday, April 19, 2009

Material Girls

It's always funny when pretty and smart girls play stupidos

Yesterday, I watched this hilariously ridiculous movie - Material Girls, starring Hilary and Haylie Duff. Honestly, I have nothing against chick flicks - I mean, I've watched Mean Girls around 20 times by now, but this one...A serious disaster, hahaha...That's why it was so funny, because it was so "jj"!!!

For the people that thought that Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton already covered it all for the genre bimbo, think again! And the worst part is that, even though it's a story made up with exaggeration (???) and humour I believe that parts of it must be true. Recently, I read an interview with a Swedish comedian, Petra Mede and she said that, "behind every joke there's some truth". Because, otherwise we wouldn't think in those terms right? So, even though this movie was so ridiculous and as shallow as it could possible be, and even though I had some serious breathing difficulties from all the laughs last night, it's scary that what I see as an impossible joke of a girl may be a possible character in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment