Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Old Ginger

Sometimes I think I've taken on too much. I teach fabric painting three times a week, attend art class on Tuesday nights and our art group on Friday mornings. And now I've taken on the library at our local Art Society as well as the responsibility for the data base - lots of computer work.

Plus there have been soooo many cricket games to watch and from the 18th we are hosting the Indian Premier League which means another weekend at the Newlands Cricket Ground.

And then I said I would do the paintings for the Art for Animals project and donate them to DARG. I feel the pressure building! But, when I finally sat down today to finish the second painting, I enjoyed the peace and quiet of my little art room. So now I know what to do – go and just sit there, whether you do anything or not, and things will happen.

This is an elderly cat whom I have called ‘Old Ginger’ as all he has is a number – no name! He is not a pretty gentleman, but like all cats, shows an aloofness and disdain that came out clearly in his photograph. I’ve tried to show that here as well. My second DARG painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment