Thursday, September 2, 2010

Daily Thoughts 9/2/2010 (The Defector, Libraries )

Chimmie Fadden Major Max. Digital ID: 1543294. New York Public Library

Chimmie Fadden, Major Max 1911, From New York Public Library Digital Gallery

Daily Thoughts 9/2/2010

The ability to upload photographs was a bit buggy this morning, so I embedded a picture from the New York Public Library Digital Gallery.




I have been reading some more of The Defector by Daniel Silva. It is quite enjoyable.  It is not that action oriented.  There is quite a bit of thinking in the novel.  The main character, Gabriel Allon,  is tracing the steps of a russian agent who defected to england and recently disappeared.  It has a steady pace with very nice details. The villain is quite plausible. 




I walked up to my local library on the way to get some fruit from the market and found it was closed.  Their hours are 1-8 today.   I'll probably stop by tomorrow.  I have a few days off and am in no hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment