Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer of stress followed by soaring

This note is to inform you, my friends of a true answer to prayer.  Yes,  I have secured a new job and will start on October 4 as a solution architect with Cisco Systems.  The Prillamans will be able to remain right here in Richmond, and I could not be happier or more pleased with the outcome of my "Summer of Stress".  This new role gets me back to my technology roots in infrastructure, video, and workplace transformation. Excited, just doesn't cover it. (http://www.cisco.com/web/about/humannetwork/videowall/index.html)

I firmly believe that God has once again faithfully provided for me and my family and I know that He is an awesome God.  In the past weeks, I have had many doors close but I continued to pray, study, and persevere in the daily grind of the job search process.  In the end, God provided gave me a difficult choice and then helped me through it.  I was led to understand with clarity, who I am and what I sought for a future rooted in service to His plan rather than my own.  It was an amazing moment that suddenly lifted the burden of my decision and gave me a strong sense of my future. Even Tracee remarked, that she was experiencing a similar feeling.  It was suddenly as though we were being lifted, rather than struggling so hard to keep up.  I was quite literally "soaring".

Isaiah 40: 27-31 MSG
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,  or, whine, Israel, saying, "God has lost track of me.    He doesn't care what happens to me"? Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts.    He's Creator of all you can see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.    And he knows everything, inside and out. He energizes those who get tired,    gives fresh strength to dropouts. For even young people tire and drop out,    young folk in their prime stumble and fall. But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.    They spread their wings and soar like eagles, They run and don't get tired,    they walk and don't lag behind. 

Psychologically and physically grueling in every way, my past few months of job search have been filled with trials but I was  sustained throughout by friends and faith and the unwavering and constant support of my wife and children.  For that, I am thankful and feel truly blessed.  Thank you to all of you.  I figure I'll have a lot less FB time soon, but that is probably a good thing for all of us! 

I "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good and His love endures forever Ps 118:1"
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment