Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mami's birthday =)

I can’t exactly say that my handmade birthday card was the best one, but I did my best and since I’m mami’s daughter, she (thankfully) appreciated it. Even though it apparently was a lot at work which led to her working overtime, I believe she was pretty happy about today. We decided not to go out and eat dinner until the weekend when we have more time, instead we had a lovely chicken salad. Now you might think that we are crazy celebrating a birthday with something as simple as a chicken salad, but on the other hand, that allowed us to eat more cake! So, I couldn't’t really complain, haha…

Oh, by the way, my sister is heading for her first job tomorrow! I am so happy for her. Ever since we (or mostly mum and auntie Katherine) persuaded her into not leaving us for an au-pair job in Brussels she has been searching for a job, and now - almost out of no where - she has one! So today wasn’t that bad for her either. Now she will always remember that on mami’s 47th birthday (I decided to tell her age anyway, because she only gets younger and cuter by the years) she got her first job.

Mami's gifts ;) Can you distinguish my 1 hour and 10 min made birthday card? Haha...

I was lucky she found it sweet (and even though parents tend to do that when it comes to handmade stuff their children do, at least I it made me happy ;D).

Fruity fruity fruitcake! I had two slices, so tomorrow I'm going to make sure those calories come off directly - if I have the time to in other words, hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment