Sunday, October 11, 2009

Ordained, expectations


Big day for the Prillamans today.  I was ordained as a Deacon of Huguenot Road Baptist Church. Here is what that means to me.

1. I am now honor bound by my committment and covenant to engage as a servant leader within the ministries of HRBC.
2. I have been recognized by my congregation for my service to others and my dedication to using my blessings and  skills to further others' relationship with Christ.
3. I am now held to a higher standard for my words, actions, and deeds. This is due to my role as ordained by the church members as as set forth in the Bible 1 Timothy 3:8-10
4. Service to others must be paramount in my mind and actions. 
5. I commit to use my skills to further the work of the church in order to help the congregation spread the word. (e.g. administration, building, teaching, benevolence, inreach, outreach) Acts 6:1-7

1 Timothy 3:8-10 (NIV)
8Deacons, likewise, are to be men worthy of respect, sincere, not indulging in much wine, and not pursuing dishonest gain. 9They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience. 10They must first be tested; and then if there is nothing against them, let them serve as deacons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment