Friday, October 9, 2009

Peace and Obama =)

Barack Obama was received the Nobel Peace Prize today (or now it´s yesterday, damn -.-) for his efforts to strengthen international relationships and simply make the world a better place to live in. However, many people seem to be a bit upset by the fact that he only has been the President of United States in a bit more than eight months, but still manages to take home this huge prize…I really wonder whether or not it’s jealousy they feel when they give their criticism in the style of “It’s a really interesting choice the Nobel committee has made…”, while others think “Wonders how he can get the Nobel Peace Prize when he hasn’t really accomplished anything yet”.

I still think that he has accomplished a lot though. He’s the first chocolate president (Afro-American president) in America, meaning that he had the potential, strength, and will-power to change the white-president trend. But don’t get me wrong by thinking that I only think he’s worth the Peace Prize just because he is the first chocolate president in America, because there are other reasons as well. I mean, with the economic and environmental disasters it must be pretty tough being the most powerful world leader…

In short, I really don’t mind him getting this prize at all. Even though he got it for “the hopes of a better future” rather than what he has accomplished so far, he is an inspiration. And even after all the various first reactions and shocks that people got from the big news ( the best one was the White House’s “WOW” that was followed by the fact that they are working on a more official reaction now, haha…), I will stick to mine.

I like Obama, so I really don’t think they made any mistakes WHATSOEVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment