Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Lute


I am the lute. When you describe my body,
its beautiful curving lines,
speak as if speaking of a ripely
curving fruit. Exaggerate the darkness you glimpse in me.

It was Tullia's darkness, which at first was hidden
in her most secret place. The brightness of her hair
was like a sun-filled hall. At moments
some tone from within me

was reflected in her face
and she would sing to me.
Then I arched myself against her softness
and what was within me entered her at last.

New poems


Please click About the Images here or on the sidebar for information about the artists behind the images we post. There are currently summaries about Leonid Pasternak and Auguste Rodin, their connections with Rilke, and further links about them both. 

No comments:

Post a Comment