Friday, July 25, 2008

Adoration: Obama-anity

Does anyone else out there think the media is overdoing their "love affair" with Obama just a bit? I know a lot of people like the man, but come on..

I also know that I have declared as a John McCain supporter, but the tone of every interview and soundbyte seems to almost ooze "I Love You". I seriously do get that the man has charisma and appeal. He had me thinking about him for months. Yes he is black, and is a poster child for diversity, and a role model for millions of underprivileged kids and adults for that matter. There are athletes and actors and plenty of others who fit this bill. Can he actually LEAD this country?

He is campaigning to be our President and he needs to show more than flash. The speeches often sound good, "believe, change, etc" but he has to be able to actually deliver on all that idealism. How about a little Straight Talk? When will he start answering HOW he will do all of the things he is talking about. The soaring rhetoric is beautiful and elegant and reminiscent of the campaign that Bill Clinton forged to my naive eyes and ears. He talks of partnership and change and a "world view" that is new. Exactly, how will all of that be executed?

Also, why is a "candidate" for President of the United States campaigning in Germany? I simply don't understand it. I think maybe he should get elected here before he tours the world talking with such presidential manner. Sorry, for this last bit, but it did irritate me personally. Is it just easier to get on TV and get more coverage by talking to Germans? What exactly does that say? I wish I knew, but it doesn't seem good to me. I'd rather see a rally on Hollywood strip with Americans.

No comments:

Post a Comment