Monday, July 21, 2008

Walked the walk, not just talk.

How many times have we all heard the promises, the ideas, the "rhetoric".

I am a guilty as most of talking too much, but in the last few years I have refocused my actions and made choices to deliver results. Not always popular, often requiring great sacrifice... I succeeded sometimes, failed a lot and I have gotten better and better over time. That is the great equalizer of experience coupled with a spirit to learn and constantly improve.

Instead of the Wall St fund disclaimer, perhaps our captions should read like this: "past failures coupled with willingness to change are a good indicator of future performance". Mantra of champions is usually to keep trying and get better and better. Don't be afraid to fail.

Great article on the transformational experience model of John McCain in NY TIMES.

True, experience is not enough in the end, but then again when the stakes are high and failure is not an option, is there any real substitute for experience? I often wish I could say yes, but the older I get, the more I think the answer is simply no. The ruling authority, will always exist, and if possible, the most change can be accomplished from within its stark, guarded halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment