Monday, July 14, 2008

Decision Made: McCain


I am a republican through and through.. yet I have spent months thinking about voting for the Democrats. I haven't been pleased in the past few years with my parties' performance.. however, I have to say that in the past few weeks, my decision and support has been made clear. My gut tells me to go with integrity, patriotism, knowledge and experience.

John McCain is the right choice for our future. I hope more and more people will spend time reading, learning, listening and thinking very carefully instead of listening to the media. Learn and think for yourself.. use your own personal experience to make decisions.

Mr Obama has personality, energy and charisma, but by his own admission, a tremendous lack of experience. John McCain and his straight talk express are the way to go.

Our world is out of control, our political system isn't perfect... we need leadership not just "hope" Hope is not a management strategy. It is essential, but it must be what is left, not where we start. Change for the sake of change is useless ultimately. This is, indeed, a change election...But, the choice is between the right change and the wrong change; between going forward and going backward. We have to be going somewhere and have some realistic plan of how to get there. This plan must be rooted in the reality of our violent, ugly world with all of its complexities rather than the eloquent, rhetoric of campaign. Don't hope for change.. Vote for leader that can take us into the future with options. Plans don't mean much, as Eisenhower said, but Planning is everything.

Leadership requires experience, willingness to make hard calls, and integrity. McCain has all of these. For a look at his "positions" check out his Decision Center... a great comparison page.

I write often about transparency and honesty in leadership. I felt an obligation to declare my position so that I could write freely in the future. It was time to get off of the fence and join in the system. Dialogue and debate are important for decisions like this but my decision is made. From now, I'll be a resource to help others with their decisions.

If you are interested in helping me, help John McCain get elected let me know. While I am not a Vet, I am now an Area Coordinator assisting Va Vets for McCain and the National McCain campaign 08. We can use your help. This group, led by some real patriots and heros is mobilizing and making a difference for our future in Va and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment