Saturday, August 15, 2009

Always want what you can't have

I know that if you are negative about something it will only get worse, but I just can't help feeling that it truly sucks being back in Sweden. Leaving for the airport yesterday evening felt surreal, a part of that feeling may have been contributed by the fact that we took the night flight for the first time. It almost felt as if we were just going out for supper or something, but driving up in front of the airport made me realize that we really weren't. People (especially those in Malaysia) don't understand why I have to cry rivers over leaving a country, but the truth is that it isn't just a country. It's my second home. A place I've been brought to ever since I was a baby, and over the years I've fallen in love with this place. I love Malaysia more than I love Sweden and that's the issue.

Sure, I am surrounded by lovely people here in Sweden (you know who you are if you're reading this), but in Malaysia there aren't just lovely people (which are many), I've also got most of my family there, the food that I love, my favourite places, sunshine everyday, all the shopping a girl like me wishes for and last but not least, my favourite magazine - CLEO, haha...Oh gosh, I even got teared up just by writing this post...You always want what you can't have, huh?

By the way, I will get back later and drop the big bombs...Hehe...=)

No comments:

Post a Comment