Thursday, August 27, 2009

Frappista and "quality time"

Finally Thursday! I started to get the feeling that Thursday would never come. Monday-Wednesday have became long horrible afternoons spent in school, but Thursday is the day when there’s more time to actually breathe again. (Fridays aren’t that bad either though, at least to some extent…) So, today I met up my dear sister in town where we had some “quality time” or whatever you guys call it, haha. We made our way through town in an express motion and later ended up at Barista, which is an Eco-coffee shop where they only serve Fairtrade coffee and use Eco-friendly products. I’ve always just passed by this coffee shop, but not today. Vicki told me that I definitely had to try their Frappista, which is told to be a less sweet smoothie, so I did. And let me just tell you directly - IT’S ADDICTIVE.

So we sat there, sipped at our coffees (or Vicki at hers, and I at my chocolate Frappista), talking about the future and the opportunities we have right now. Or mostly Vicki’s opportunities, I am rather stuck with my life situation for another two years…-.- However, it was really nice to have this “jie jie & mei mei” time (big sis & little sis in Chinese) and I hope we will have it more often. Even though life is hectic and stressful at some times (or for some people it’s an everyday rush), we sometimes have to stop what we’re doing and just find time to live in the moment. Because, that’s what I did today. I lived in the moment and I felt great. I needed it, and so does everybody. Remember that.

Beautiful sis at Barista with her expresso Frappista.

And me with my addictive chocolate one.

No comments:

Post a Comment