Friday, September 18, 2009

Some minutes with The Doctors

This morning, after my daily dose of The Apprentice UK, I watched some of that show that Rachael Ray has been talking about before. The Doctors I think it is called. Anyhow, I just got so amazed by the fact of how much you can learn from shows like these just in the matter of minutes.

Lesson #1. Sugar doesn’t cause hyper-activity in people. However, many people might believe it does, and to still support that fact, it is definitely certain that some people are less resistant to sugar than others, and therefore they can get very hyper in a sugar-rush (and that’s when I bring my dear friend Lewar into the picture, haha).
Lesson #2. “Reading in the dark damages your eyes”, I’ve heard so many people say to me through the years, but the truth is - it doesn’t! Our vision has to do completely with our genes and not with how light the room is. Of course it sometimes can get very tiring reading in the dark, but the reason for that is because our eyes adjust themselves according to the light. // But since I don’t want worse eyesight, I will stay on the safe side by reading with the lights on, haha…
Lesson #3. And last but not least, we all have heard or mamis nagging about not leaving the house with wet hair when it’s cold outside because then we will catch a severe cold etc. This is a myth! So it’s not true at all. What makes us catch colds are the usual: poor diet, lack of sleep, stress, and all of those other things causing a weaker immune system…

So hopefully, you people reading this have now gained some extra life knowledge that you can brag about when the occasion pops up. Now I am off to school. Have a lovely Friday!

Today's Dress-for-success: purple top from Lindex, jacket from Bondelid, the jeans I got from some Chinese woman in Stockholm =)

No comments:

Post a Comment